Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gotta Love San Francisco!

Hola!

I just presented my poster today at the AGU (American Geophysical Union) 2007 Fall meeting here in San Francisco. Sara Jane and her fam her nice enough to give me a place to stay for the week (and threw in a few meals to boot, best meatballs EVER!) And we got some good wedding stuff in (being fitted for my bridesmaid dress, seeing Wente where the ceremony/reception will take place...etc..) which made me super excited for when Sara and Mike get married and (of course, I'm female!) makes me think about what I would want when/if I decide to get married. Its fun stuff to think about : o) But the conference was very interesting, I got to go to some good talks. Luckily the BART station is nearby and I can take it here from Sara Jane's house (east bay) to Powell street which is two blocks away from where I need to be. I've decided that I totally love taking the train and wouldn't mind living in the city/commuting etc. Sara Jane wants to convince me to move up here (seriously considering it, USGS is in Menlo Park...) and Jared seems like he wouldnt mind so long as we lived in some rural place that didn't have too many people, which I could deal with. I absolutely love how cold it is up here (compared to Bako, at least, Utah is colder, but I don't know if I can handle the snow...) at least cold enough so that I dont look crazy wearing my hats, scarves and my new crazy Bob Cratchit gloves : o) It'll be nice to finally move away from Bako (time to finish that thesis!) All in all my poster was well received. Dr. Loewy was there and got a couple snapshots of my talking about my awesome poster. I definitely got some good input at the very least. Dr. Nicholson said that most posters get about three people interested enough to stop by and I probably pulled a crowd of about 20. Sweet! And I got to meet this really cool old guy who apparently was one of the founding fathers of plate tectonics, although I can't remember his name, but he was very cool! I also got to hang out at this cool irish pub called the Chieftan, which had the best burger ever. I may go back tomorrow...unless I find something better...I heard there was this really good thai place in union square...So much city left to explore and so little time. I don't know how my sister ever left!! It seems like such an exciting place to live. Anywho, I just bought the new Dane Cook CD (Gotta love Dane!) and so now I must give it a listen.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home