Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I guess I must have really let this thing go!

So its been about two years since my last post. Thats a long time! I'm no longer a measly geology student, but a full fledged Development Geologist with a small independent petroleum company! And I finally, finally finished my Masters Thesis (if you really want to, you can read it and let me know what you think!) Life is pretty much the same as it ever was, but I just get paid more (a lot more!) now :) I'll try to make an effort to keep this thing updated more often.

I've been having a good day today as I recently had my Petrel license upgraded. All of the features I wanted since the last few releases are now in there! I spent all afternoon making new and improved cross sections :) Thank goodness now I only have to use one well template instead of many! It makes my life so much easier when I can just hit 'apply all' and magic happens! Now I just have to venture into my 3D modeling visualizations to see what has changed over there. I am also excited about the database functionality...but thats probably enough about that!

I'll be drilling wells soon (yay!) and so I'll be quite the busy bee for the next month or so...hopefully I can get Jared to come out here to visit (or me there). If anyone is looking for cheap flights to various destinations, you should check out Allegiant Air, they had fares as low as 40 bucks each way!

Anywho, thats all I have for this afternoon and my break is now over :) Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home