Thursday, August 03, 2006

So BORED...

YARG!! Its been such a boring two days...I've been working and gyming and doing my usual routine, but it just seems so, blah. I guess I really miss living with the girls from field camp. I guess I need to start calling peeps and keeping in touch :o) I'm usually pretty bad at that (thank God for myspace!) I also miss being busy. Not to say I'm not busy now..but going out everyday and doing fieldwork really felt fulfilling. It really is tempting to just do that as a career, I really think I would love it. Its just nice spending time hiking around outdoors and working and just being done at the end of the day. Although I do love working on my seismic lines..hehe I guess I could do both...but this means I would probably have to work for an oil company, yarg! Alas, such is life.

So not much today. Just getting the poster ready for Istanbul. I'm working on getting some 3D images from Kingdom Suite. Hopefully I'll have some to post on here later since I just found out that my blog is on the list of geology blogs on About.com. So I better get some more geology on here :o) In case some of you were wondering what my research is all about, I'm mapping and imaging faults in 3D using Kingdom Suite by SMT and eventually GoCAD. I've been getting pretty profieicent at Kingdom, which is a good skill for a geophysicist to have! hehe..my study area is south of the Channel Islands, using some recently proprietary seismic data. My goals are to study and map fault interactions between rotated (the rotated Western Transverse Ranges!) and non rotated (the Northern California Continental Borderland!) domains, seismic hazards and 3D imaging things. This basically means I sit in front of a computer all day to analyze some data and make pretty 3D images in the hopes that I can analyze strain fields and asses the seismic hazards. Or so my professor has told me, if I correctly understood :o)

Well not much else...I'm missing being in Utah!! Actually I just miss all the friends I made there...and one person in particular :o) I guess I just got so used to being around so many people that going back to my boring old, uneventful life here in Bako just seems so, well, boring! It really makes me look forward to when I graduate, find my dream job and move somewhere cool..when I'm financially stable and able to travel where I want and hopefully when I want! We'll see :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger c-Lo said...

wah. come and help me clean if your so goddamn bored.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home