Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!!

So it's been a bit busy and I havent had time to post like usual. Jared was here for Christmas and the fam really liked him, which makes me very happy! I don't think I've ever seen my mom make so many homemade meals before...hopefully he visits again sometime soon so I can eat real meals instead of the snacking that I usually do during the day.

The quarter started off well too, I'm teaching two new classes (well new to me!) and both of them are alot easier than what I used to teach. The Plate Tectonics class I'll be taking seems very interesting, especially since I've already picked a paper topic: the evolution of the western transverse ranges! At least I have plenty of articles on it. The petroleum class I'll be taking also looks interesting. I've started reading this book called Blood for Oil, which is about the origin, politics and future of the oil industry. I'm taking it with a grain of salt because so far, its a little biased, although it seems well researched. I'm always wary of books that aren't fiction being written by people who arent scientists. I also bought this book called Beyond Oil which is about alternative energy and The Earth in the Balance (?) by Al Gore. In addition I have textbooks and I bought the book YOU! The Owners Manual and YOU! On a Diet...sheesh..at least I wont be lacking for entertainment.



And Finally A Short Selection of Pictures from the Past Few Months:

The Giant Rosary:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before I go on, this requires some explanation:

My sister and I decide to go to the All Saints Catholic Store on H Street to find a present for my Aunt Anna. We spend a while looking around and Corinne feels like we should buy something because we been there so long. Then I see the wall rosaries. And Corinne asks, "Do you really want to get that for her?" and I say, "Yes, yes I do." hehe needless to say it was another memorable moment in family history, esp when my uncle decided to put it on. I don't think they're going to actually hang it up, but hey, its the thought that counts right?

The Fam:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The only ones missing are Kristine and I...we sat in the back, with the cool kids...

Soda Springs:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This was a fun field trip, esp when we got stuck in the sand. Digging out Suburbans is fun! The formation here in the Beck Springs shown from a distance, which I have pictures of some pretty stromatolites, but I'm too lazy to upload them.

Ok time to go running on the bike path, I've procrastinated enough....Sigh...I'm in the middle of switching gyms, so I've had to workout outside...fun fun fun...

I miss Jared alot too, I really loved him being here, or rather just being closer together. I'm excited for the time when we can move in together and then I wont have to be missing him all the time *tear*...At least I know I'll be able to live with him without annoyance..AND he can make coffee too!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger c-Lo said...

That was effin funny....giant rosary....ha.
We should pat ourselves on the back for that one.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home